When I was searching this morning on Pinterest for a craft to do with my girls today, I came across a cute little button bracelet on the blog Lillyella. It looked easy enough! Well, it was pretty easy, but if you hate hand sewing, like I do, then you can sympythize- crossed eyes, strained neck, cramping fingers, etc.. I know, I'm a baby. But my eyes 'just ain't what they used be...'.
Enough of the whining! It turned out really cute! Here is how to make it...
Elastic (1/4" or 3/8", I think mine was 1/8"-could be part of the problem, but it was all I had)
Needle & Thread
Start sewing on the buttons to the elastic. Knot behind each button and then continue. Also, be sure to overlap the buttons so you cannot see the elastic.
Here is where I let out a little scream because I thought my eyes were going to explode. I did not have this problem just a few years ago. I guess everything starts going down hill when you turn 29! (wink, wink)
And there it is!! So cute, isn't it? I'm sure this would be painless for most of you to whip up, but I will have to wait a couple days before I do the next one for my other daughter. :) This will make a nice B-Day gift for her. This would also be a great last minute gift for their little girlfriends.
If you make one, let me know. And then you can tell me how easy it is and how crazy I am. :)
Don't miss any of my post! Follow me with the purple buttons at the top right, or sign up to receive an instant e-mail when I post something. That's what I would do if I were you. ;) Just sayin'!
This project was featured here:
Linking up here...
- Krafty Cards etc. http://kraftycardsetc.blogspot.com/
- Musings From a Stay At Home Mom http://musingssahm.com/
- Sugar Bee Crafts http://www.sugarbeecrafts.com/
- Adventures of a DIY Mom http://www.adventuresofadiymom.com/
- Nap-time Creations http://www.nap-timecreations.com/
- Home Stories A to Z http://www.homestoriesatoz.com/
- BRAG ABOUT IT PARTY:
- Sarah Lynn's Sweets http://www.sarahlynnssweets.blogspot.com/
- TUESDAY W/ A TWIST :
- With a Blast http://withablast.blogspot.com/
- Ladybug Blessings http://ladybug-blessings.com/
- We Like to Learn as We Go! http://weliketolearnaswego.blogspot.com/
- Someday Crafts http://somedaycrafts.blogspot.com/
- My Girlish Whims http://www.mygirlishwhims.com/
- ALL THINGS PRETTY
- My Fashion Forward Blog http://myfashionforwardblog.com/
- Sparkles and a Stove http://sparklesandastove.com/