Sweet Girly Rag Quilt

It seems like every woman I know lately is having a baby!  So, I am so thankful that earlier this year I learned how to make rag quilts.  They really are so easy, and perfect for novice sewers, like myself.  This is the 3rd one I have made and I am always amazed at how quick they come together.  They are also a lot of fun!  So, give it a try!  I do not have a tutorial for this, but there are many good ones on the internet.  I did not learn from one particular place or I would link up a specific blogger.  I just researched, took notes here and there and then just went for it.

 The front is fleece.


The back is cotton.   I was nervous about this backing, because it was not what I had planned to use.  However, I think it turned out very sweet looking.  :)

I'll also show you the two other rag quilts I have made.


I just used a plain white sheet for the back.  I love using sheet material for the back because it feels so cool to the touch.

Lastly I made a doll rag quilt for one of my daughters.


For this one I added polyester batting in the middle so  I had to sew an X on each square before piecing in order to quilt the 3 layers together.  For the first 2 quilts I showed you, I did not use any batting between the front and back layers. 

So, that's it!  I'll be making many more of these in the future. :)  Feel free to ask me any questions about these quilts.   If anyone would like me to do a tutorial for a rag quilt, I would love to do one!  

If this is your first time visiting Gina's Craft Corner, I'd love for you to follow me so you can keep up on all my new projects.  If you would like to follow me, you can via Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or Google Friends Connect on the sidebar.

Blessings,
~Gina

I will be linked up at the following parties:
Wednesday 6/12
Kathy with an E 
So Much Ado
We Like to Learn As We Go
JAQS Studio
Adorned From Above
Ashley's Dandelion Wishes
Ginger Snap Crafts 
A Peek Into My Paradise 

Thursday
All Things Pretty 
 Simply Dream & Create 
All Things with Purpose 
 Organized 31
 Live, Laugh, Rowe 
 Your Creative Timeout 
The Crafty Blog Stalker

Friday
Happy Hour Friday 
Weekend Wonders 
Craftberry Bush 
All Our Days 
Redfly Creations
504 Main
Craftionary 
Chic on a Shoestring 
Simply Sweet Home
Organized 31 
Happy Go Lucky 
Diana Rambles 

Monday 6/17
Keep It Simple









Comments

  1. I have been wanting to make a quilt like this for quite a while. Yours are absolutely lovely! Thanks for sharing with us :)

    Have a beautiful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should go for it, Stephanie! Thanks for the comment! :)
      ~Gina

      Delete
  2. This blanket looks awesome! And I love your idea for turning the spy kit into a bug catcher kit....you'll have to share pictures. I'm your newest GFC follower. Have a good one!

    Britney @ The Princess & Her Cowboys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Britney! And thanks for stopping by and following!
      Gina

      Delete
  3. love your projects! im your newest follower on facebook


    Delightful Ideas
    Bag Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. I really like the ragetty seams.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet that you made a quilt for your daughter's doll too. Thanks for sharing at Inspire Us Thursday at Organized 31.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks YOU for hosting such a great party! So nice of you to take the time to leave a comment! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

I LOVE..LOVE...LOVE...comments from you! It truly makes my day! So, leave a comment AND your webpage or social media link and I will get back with you. Thanks in advance!!
~Gina

Popular Posts