I was Nominated for a Liebster Award!

*First of all, I have no idea why I cannot get all my fonts to look alike!  Blogger does not like me this morning!


What is it?

The Liebster nomination is for blogs that deserve notice (or that you just LOVE so much, that you must share with everyone!). The great thing about the nomination is that it allows for us newbies to network as we navigate and grow our blogs.  This award allows up and coming bloggers to network effectively and find each other in the ever growing blogosphere. “Liebster” is also a German word which translates to sweet, kind, nice and all those happy, feel good connotations.
  
I was lucky enough to be nominated by the lovely Alma from A Conquered Mess.   Alma is a wife and a mother of 2 who has some really great post on anything from healthy recipes for you and your family to DIY natural cleaning products.  Please show her some love by stopping by and saying hi!
 

There are a few guidelines for accepting the Liebster Award nomination.

Guidelines:

  • Link back to the person who nominated you for the award
  • Answer all 11 Liebster questions given to you by the person who nominated you
  • Nominate another 11 bloggers to pass the award onto
  • Ask your nominees 11 questions
  • Notify the bloggers whom you have nominated
  • Optional: Include 11 random facts about yourself





Now on to the questions...

1. What do you hope to achieve with your blog?
This is a good question.  The idea of a blog came about when I realized I wanted to get my home based business, Gina's Craft Corner, up and running again.  I had previously sold pressed flower jewelry and cards to friends and family.  That was fun, but not profitable.  When I discovered sewing this past year, I fell in love with it, and thought that a blog might be a fun outlet for me and a great way to track my progress on this journey. Ultimately, I hope that my blog will be a place where other new sewist can come to be inspired and also a launching pad for my future Etsy Shop! (Lord willing!)

2. If you could have any job in the world, which one would you want?

I'm assuming all of you have seen the chick flick You've Got Mail?  Well, I just love how she owns that cute little bookstore in New York City.  Well, instead of a bookstore, I would have a gift shop.  And instead of being in New York City, my storefront would be in one of the vacant storefronts in my small town.  The front of the store would have on display my latest creations (bags, jewelry, children's clothes).  I'd of course be selling all my blogger friends' items too!  The place would be open and airy, have hardwood floors and would smell like coffee (even though we won't have any).  In the back of the store you could browse the latest fabrics, patterns and books.  There would be an area set up to teach sewing lessons to kids (not by me.....but if this is a fantasy...why not me!)  Of course, there would also have to be a place in the back for my girls to have there homeschool room and for me to have a sewing area. 
 
3. If your life were a movie, what would it be called?

My life...A True Story  (ha)

4. What was your most prized possession as a child, as a teenager, and now?
Child-teddy bear
Teenager-My bike.  I would ride it everywhere
Adult- My Children

5. Who do you admire the most?
My husband 

6. If there were a holiday in your honor, what would it celebrate?

 LIFE-WE'D CELEBRATE LIFE!
7. What is in your purse right now? Tell me EVERYTHING! 
 Billfold, pens, pencils, highlighters, Twizzlers, M&M's, candy corn (DON'T JUDGE..) coupons, phone charger, hair clips, camera, cell phone, church bulletin, lip liner, lipstick, a toy and napkins.

9. If you were a color, what color would you be and why?
Blue

10. What do you like the least about yourself?

 Indecisiveness (This questionnaire was a killer for me!)

NOMINEES
Here are my Nominees!  I have to admit, it did take some time to research and find 11 nominees, but I had fun doing it.  I did not want to just choose the first 11 I found.  If I was not following these sites before, I am now!  All of them are sites that are worthy of a visit.  I do hope you show them some love and visit their awesome blogs!  

Chapter37
Cathy's Craft Corner
Sewist Stitch
Ginx Crafts
Mama Ging
Scottstrittmatter
Sew a Fine Seam
Endlesly Inspired
3littlegreenwoods
Planned in Pencil Just realized PJ has more than 200 followers!  She actually has a link-up today.  I'm going to go check it out!
Buttons and Paint

Here are the questions for my nominees, if you choose to accept them. :)

  1. We all have that one project that excites us and bores others. What is the one blog post you have that didn’t get nearly as much attention (likes, comments, etc.) as you expected?
  2. What is your favorite food or type of food?
  3. What kitchen tool do you use daily (or near daily)?
  4. What is your biggest blogging pet peeve?
  5. What is your favorite fall activity?
  6. What do you think is the most difficult or time consuming thing about blogging?
  7. What is one thing you have always wanted to do, but never had the chance?
  8. If money didn’t matter, what would you want to do for a living?
  9. What is your least favorite thing to make?
  10. What advice do you have for new bloggers?
  11. What long-term goals do you have for your blog, if any?

Thanks for visiting!

Blessings,
~Gina

Comments

Popular Posts