Upcycled Patriotic Clutch Made from Fused Plastic Bags




On my last post, Fusing Plastic Bags into a Sewable Material, I mentioned that I had made a bag out of some of my fused recycled plastic grocery bags. 


 As a reminder, this is what it looked like before it was made into a bag.


And...voila!  Here is the Patriotic Plastic Bag Clutch.  My sweet daughter was nice enough to model it for me.






She just got the Texan coin purse from her Texan born Mee Maw.  Matches perfectly!
I wanted to add some velcro, but I ran out.  I'll have to add that later.

 A little Decorative Trim and hot glue on some stars and hearts, and we are set for the 4th!

And there is the Blue Jean Upcycle.  I had to get that in there.  I had never thought of using blue jeans for a lining before, but it's nice!

Making a bag from Fused Plastic
 This project turned out so much nicer than I ever imagined.  It's actually very lovely and perfect for the 4th!  By-the-way, if you like the bracelet my little girl is wearing, hop on over to my post on the Blue Jean Rosette Bracelets. 

I'd love to know if any of you have ever tried fusing plastic before.  I'd love for you to leave me a comment or question.   

If this is your first time visiting Gina's Craft Corner, I'd love for you to follow me so you can keep up on all my new projects.  You can find me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or Google Friends Connect on the sidebar.

This project was featured at these fantastic blogs:
Simply Dream & Create

nap-time creations


This project will be linked up at the following list of parties, or at one of the buttons listed at the bottom of this post.

Friday
 Happy Hour Friday 
Frugal Fit Family 
My Turn For Us
Weekend Wonders 
Craftberry Bush 
All Our Days 
Redfly Creations
Craftionary 
Chic on a Shoestring 
Simply Sweet Home
Diane Rambles
 Organized 31 
Happy Go Lucky -Shine on Fridays
One Artsy Mama-Shine on Fridays
One Tough Mother-Shine on Fridays
Young & Crafty-Shine on Fridays
 A Peek Into My Paradise 

Saturday
Your Home Based Mom
Cheerios &Lattes
Little Inspiraton
It's Overflowing
Or So She Says
 Six Sister's Stuff 
Tatertots and Jellow
A little CLAIREification
 Be Different...Act Normal 
Serenity You

Monday 6/24/13
An Original Bell 
I Should be Mopping the Floors
Alderberry Hill
That DIY party 
Mad in Crafts
Uncommon Designs -Monday Funday
C.R.A.F.T.-Monday Funday
Lines Across-Monday Funday
That's What Che Said-Monday Funday
Creatively Living-Monday Funday
An Extraordinary Day-Monday FundayTiti Crafty
Keeping it Simple 
Sew Can Do 
Craft-O-Maniac 
Flour Me With Love 
The Dedicated House
Clairejustine
Skip to My Loue
Crafts a la Mode
Say not sweet Anne
Alderberry Crafts
Cherished and Handmade Treasures 
Pinkapotamus 
Creating My Way to Success  
   DIY Home Sweet Home
 Craft and Repeat 
 Kathe w/ an E

Tuesday
 Our Delightful Home
 Funky Polkadot Giraffe
If It's Not Baroque
Nap-time Creations
Sugar Bee Crafts
Adventures of a DIY Mom
Ladybug Blessings
Jennifer Juniper-Hope Studios
Crafty Confessions
A to Zebra Celebratons
Him and Her
Sarah Lynn's Sweets
Get Your Craft On
Be Betsy
Lolly Jane
the diy Dreamer
Hickory Trail 
Stone Cottage Adventure
 Riusa & Crea (Creative Reuse)-9th party
Salt Tree 
 Not Just a Housewife 
Someday I'll Learn  
Cupcakes and Crinoline  
 Recycled Fashion 

Tuesday Afternoon/Evening
JAQS Studio 
 From Dream To Reality-evening
Oh MY!Creative
Smart School House 

Wednesday 6/26
 The Style Sisters 
We Like to Learn as We Go!  
Ginger Snap Crafts 
Ashley's Dandelion Wishes
 Lil Luna 
 My Girlish Whims
 Someday Crafts - patriotic category 
Two Girls and a Party
SNAP!
Southern Lovely 

Thursday 6/27
Live Laugh Rowe
Organized 31
Simply Dream & Create
The Crafty Blog Stalker 
Five Little Chefs
Krysta Steen
A Jennuine Life
All Things With Purpose
A Glimpse Inside
Fireflies and Jellybeans







Have a great weekend!


Blessings,
~Gina

Comments

Popular Posts