I'm Guest Posting on BeBetsy Today!! + GCC Updates

Hello friends!

First off....

I'd love for you to head on over to BeBetsy today to check out my latest Lombard Street Bag.  I think you are going to LOVE the fabric a client chose for this fabulous bag.  Think....GIRAFFES! :)

What I'm working on...

The weather is awesome today here in MO.  The temps will be in the 50's and 60's!  This is my favorite time of of the year.  I'm a cool, rainy weather type of girl.  I think I tend to be more creative in the fall too, which is helpful when I have SO much I want to get done.

I have decided I need to get busy stocking my Etsy Shop for the holidays.  I'm sure lots of you who own shops do that all year long!  I finally had a few sells on my shop recently and now have some money flow!  I decided to  purchased some fabric the other day to make about 10 bags just like the Pretty in Pink Bag I made a while back.  It's simple, no hardware and will be more affordable than most of the bags I make.

My Conceal and Carry Bag on Etsy is getting lots of hits every day, which tells me that there is a demand for my product.  Now I just need to get people to buy it!  I finally sold my Pink Camo CCW Bag, and also had a custom order request.  For the custom order I let the client choose their own fabric and have a lot of dialogue with them in order to make the bag perfect for them.  I'll be posting about that bag soon b/c I REALLY like this one.  The fabric is just gorgeous!  You can get a sneak peak at it on my Facebook Page: Gina's Craft Corner.

When I'm Not Creating...

When I am not creating/sewing I am homeschooling, parenting, cooking and cleaning.  We all have lives beyond our blogs and our crafts, don't we???  We have been in school now for about 3 weeks, and so my sewing has been relegated to the early morning and late-late evening hours.




We generally get our school day started by 8:30 and finish by 3:30 or sometimes 4.  It's amazing how full the day is with just a 1st and 3rd grader!  I plan on writing a detailed post about our curriculum within the next few weeks, in order to help those of you out who are starting to think about homeschooling or are in the first few years of homeschooling.  It took me a couple of years to find the best curriculum that would fit our family's needs and desires.  Every family is different, so you cannot expect your friend's curriculum to work for you.

Here are the classes my girls take...

Bible
P.E.
Math
English
Spelling
Phonics (1st grader)
History (Mon, Wed)
Science (Mon. Wed, Fri)
Latin (3rd grader) (Mon, Wed)
Spanish (Tues, Thurs)
Art (Thurs)
Music

*We also have a list of read-aloud books we are going through for each child.  We usually read those during their 2 snacks.

*Each child also does their own silent reading every day.

*The 1st grader reads aloud to me every day.

Like I said, I plan on writing a more detailed post about our homeschool curriculum soon, so be on the lookout for that post!

If you would like to receive an e-mail every time I have a new post, you can do that on my sidebar.  :)

Have a great day, and please remember to say a prayer today for all the people who lost loved ones this day 13 years ago.  It is hard to believe it has been 13 years.

Blessings,
Gina







Comments

Popular Posts