Garage Sale Finds

My girls and I went garage sale shopping Friday and Saturday.  I was looking for some inspiration.  The girls found lots of toys, and I'm happy to say that I did find some inspiration!


I found this for $2.00 at the first sale we went to.  They had some other windows too and I am now kicking myself for not buying more!!


It cleaned up really nice.  I washed it and sanded it down.  I have a place for this window in my kitchen/dining area.  I will post about this project when it's finished.  This will be my first wood piece, so I'm nervous, yet very excited to try something new. :)

I also found a set of 4 very cute embroidery pieces.  I'm learning how to embroider, so these looked very interesting to me.  I just thought these were so good and might look cute on a bag.  So, yesterday I laid out all my fabric according to color and tried to come up with something.  This is what I came up with. Of course, everything looked great with blue jeans!!  I'm sorry, I just can't get away from it.  I think it might be my calling, for now. :)





I should have taken a picture of the owls. It's a picture of 3, one is upside down and it says, "Nobody's Perfect".  Very cute!


This one is my favorite.  What a pretty bag this would be. 


Lastly, we have this pretty yellow embroidery. 

So, we will see if I can make all of these work.  I will post my creations when they are finished.  :)

Have a great day!

Blessings,
~Gina

Comments

Popular Posts