Quick Tip Saturday #2: My New Favorite Sewing Tool

I have a new favorite sewing tool.  No, it is not a great pair of scissors, or a great sewing machine, it is my new LINT ROLLER!

Quick Tip Saturday #2: My New Favorite Sewing Tool by Ginas Craft Corner



As most of you know I make handbags.  So, I do a LOT of work at the ironing board.  This is where I do most of my snipping after I have sewn two pieces together.  The threads and the fabric pieces collect very quickly.  So, a few swipes with this puppy and my area is clean.

Quick Tip Saturday #2: My New Favorite Sewing Tool by Ginas Craft Corner

I like a clean work service, don't you?  I also will take the lint roller over my finished purses to make sure I have not missed any lingering threads.  I'll stuff it into the pockets and the inside of the bag and I'll always pick up something.


Don't forget to grab the roller when you go out to take those finished photos of your bag or clothing.  I usually have a small pair of scissors in one hand and my lint roller in the other.  It never fails that when I am out in natural light I see ALL the threads I missed snipping.

Quick Tip Saturday #2: My New Favorite Sewing Tool by Ginas Craft Corner
Another trick for photographing black bags is to darken them as much as possible.

The lint roller is especially important when photographing black material.  Black purses just look nasty in a photograph if all the lint has not been removed.  They just look dirty.  If you are trying to sell your bags on Etsy, dirty is not the first thing you want a potential customer to be thinking.

Hope you found this QUICK TIP  helpful!  Have a wonderful Saturday!

  Click HERE to see where I will be linking up this week!

Blessings,


Comments

Popular Posts